WHAT IS JU MAX?
- Weekly Webinars
- Entertaining Host
- Meaningful Jewish Content
JU MAX is an interactive, engaging, and totally online Jewish experience. Log in. Interact with your host and fellow students in real-time, and explore great practical ideas, that will add awesomeness to your life. Topics include: the nature of free-will, the intersection of faith and science, the Jewish secrets of love and dating, and how to infuse your life with meaning and purpose.
Participate in the sessions, complete the program requirements, and earn a trip to Israel. See full list of approved programs here.
- JU MAX is open to Jewish students, recent grads, and young professionals, aged 18-26.
- JU MAX is 10, 2-hour sessions. Each session is live and interactive (no canned video or talking heads). Classes are on Monday nights from 9 - 11 PM Eastern, February 22 - April 25, 2016. Click on the Schedule & Syllabus button below to see the full schedule.
- Once you successfully complete this course you will receive a voucher that is good for either a free trip to Israel or a travel subsidy for an Israel trip that will cost as little as $200 (and you choose which option you prefer).
- There is an additional $99 deposit for all trips that will be refunded to you if you fulfill certain requirements upon your return home.
- If you qualify, you can earn college credit for successfully completing JU Max. Click here to for more information.
- Participants are quizzed and required to submit a short essay at the end of each session. Participants are also required to meet for a short one-on-one meeting in person with a JU representative in their area; if no local representative is available an online meeting will be arranged. If a live event is scheduled in your area, you will be required to attend.
Earning back the $99 deposit
Earning back the $99 deposit is easy and can be done in one of two ways:
Earning back the $99 fee is easy:
Participate in a live study program on your campus that can include either:
- 6 study sessions with an approved instructor
- the completion of an approved study program (if such a program is available on your campus)
- A live study program offered on your campus taught by a traveling team of JU instructors
WHO IS THE HOST?
Rabbi Tzvi Gluckin. One super-entertaining and creative guy.
Tzvi is a musician, author, and popular teacher. He served in the Israeli army, holds a Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies from the New England Conservatory, received his rabbinical ordination in Jerusalem, and is the director of Vechulai, an innovative Jewish think tank in Boston.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING?
Pennsylvania State University
"JU MAX is unlike any Jewish learning program I have ever taken part in. It was informative, and eye-opening in a very fun, laid back environment."
University of California Santa Cruz
JU MAX was an engaging and entertaining lecture series that I would strongly recommend, if not for Tzvi's musical antics alone. Loved it!
Michigan State University
A class filled with relevant topics, huge takeaways, and an incredible teacher!
“Tzvi is an amazing teacher. He was able to relate even the most abstract topics to situations and ideas that are relevant to today's college student.”
Pennsylvania State University
“JU Max was a life-changing experience. Although it was only a semester long, I definitely gained a lifetimes worth of knowledge.”